Friday, March 5, 2010

Ft. Worth Cowtown 10K

Running is a hobby I picked up after college. I really enjoy running. Scratch that...I enjoy the benefits of running: eat what you want, runners high, muscle tone, etc... Over the last few years I have ran 2 marathons, countless 1/2 marathons and pretty much every Saturday. Well that was until I got married anyway. Andrew and I actually share a passion for running. Our fist conversation was on the subject of running and during our engagement we completed the San Francisco Marathon together. I had high hopes of us making the 26.2 mile trek annually and being the "married runner couple". However, here we are 1 1/4 years into marriage and our marathon count? ZERO. The challenge lies in sharing a bed with a man who is great at convincing me on cold mornings (okay any morning at this point...I am weak and unmotivated) to stay there in the warm covers and "run later". Not a problem unless "later" never comes which often times is the case. Despite our digression from our former intensity of running, we still make the occasional venture out around the neighborhood on nice days and weekends. And you know what? I am OK with that! Entering local races is truly the only way we are now held accountable for running, and honestly we were a bit under prepared for this race. It was a tough 6.2 miles, but we finished, burned some calories, ate a huge breakfast and felt proud. Check out the pictures: We left the house at 5:40 AM....one downside of organized running...there is no sleeping in!

Here are my shinny shoes...as you can tell they haven't had as much wear as the should...

Someone wishes we were back under those warm covers....notice the bed head he didn't mind wearing out in public. I love that he is confident even with bed head.


This is our friend John Paul...without him we may not have left those warm covers. Thanks for the accountability John Paul!

The boys...a little happier now that they have had some time to wake up...

I really should put on some makeup before these things....oh well..trying to decide if I should wear my sweatshirt.


A local told us about this place...a greasy spoon that has not changed since the fifties...I had eggs, sausage, biscuits, hash browns, and coffee for less than $5! Check out the refrigerator. It is still functional....


Glad we got out of bed for this race. That is the thing about running....you never regret going once you have finished.
Nathalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)