Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What is a girl to do....

When her hair dryer catches fire?! Yes...not exaggerating folks. This morning I took a shower, washed my hair, did other primping, then went over to my hair dryer and switched it on. Thankfully my head was not yet near the thing, as it began to glow bright orange then proceeded to "cough cough" red sparks across the room. Startled, I screamed in the sort of way one screams when discovering a huge bug in the shower, switched it to the "off" position, but the glowing coils did not recant! Andrew, responding to my scream from his shower, shouted "everything OK?" and I replied "my hair dryer is on fire!" no flames mind you...but to me at the time it seemed like a fitting way to describe the situation. He then instructed me to unplug the appliance. Not being totally useless in a crisis, I had already pulled it out of the socket, finally causing the coils to slowly turn back to a blackish color.

As my adrenaline began to subside, I realized how fortunate I was not to have a burnt section of hair, skin, or face. However, I also found myself with a sopping head and 20 mins before I needed to head off to work. I toweled off what I could and headed to the back yard for a few minutes to allow it to dry. Unfortunately for me, this morning proved to be extremely humid and possibly made my hair wetter. My new plan was to drive with the windows down all the way to the office then sneak into the ladies room for a quick pony tail before heading to my desk. Haven't I mentioned before how resourceful Andrew can be? Well...he is and set me up with this solution:
The shop vac has a "blow" feature so here I am attempting to get some hair dry...Great idea babe...it just didn't work so well because the air was cold and I have quite the thick mop of hair. I was able to get it dry enough to wear in a pony tail though and I doubt anyone noticed.

Nathalie

2 comments:

  1. That is scary and hilarious! Glad Andrew came up with a workable solution so your hair was not soaking all day. If I put wet hair in a pony tail it will stay wet until I take it down. And I am always cold all day long! Hope you got a new hiar dryer to use today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i love the alternative method you tried!

    ReplyDelete

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)