Friday, February 26, 2010

4th of July in February...a "Marley and Me" Moment

Apparently Wesson wanted to throw a surprise 4th of July party for us yesterday, as I came home from work to this (please imagine the dog in the crate...in my haste to examine the mess I did not think of taking a picture):

You might be thinking...don't crates have a plastic tray type thing that separates the dog from the floor for situations such as this? The answer is yes, and we have such an item, the problem was he figured out how to move it out of his crate. You also might be thinking what caused these unfortunate results to my carpet? The Answer: 2 gel pens somehow got within reach of him. One was red, the other blue. Red+Blue+White Dog=Patriotic Dog. I think he sort of looks like one of those rocket ship shaped Popsicles that are red, white and blue...thoughts?
As you can see he was still licking his chops hours post ingestion....he threw up moments after this was taken. I think he felt better...but wasn't sorry in the least.
Here is another view of the marble effect he was able to achieve on his fur....
Another shot...and amazingly I was able to remove the stain. That Oxyclean stuff is amazing! I did have to scrub for 30 mins though. You will also be surprise to know, if you know me at all, that I did not freak out about my lost gel pens, carpet stains, or tri-colored pet. Nope...I busted out laughing as soon as I saw him and am still giggling about it. I suppose owning dogs is teaching me something about patience. I called Andrew and told him we had a "Marley and Me" situation and then explained. He laughed too and it was way more fun than getting upset about it. I hope you are equally as entertained.
Nathalie

2 comments:

  1. That is very funny. Thanks for cleaning up the horrid mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOVE it! What an artistic pup you have. Did you ever see that 20/20 about the elephants that paint portraits!? Maybe they should do a piece on Wesson....Star Spangled Pup. Love your blog. Such an awesome way to keep up with everyone. One day you and I WILL run the Bearathon. We might be 60 years old but it is gunna happen! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)