Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend at the Lake


I am about a week late in posting this, but last weekend we had the great privilege of visiting Possum Kingdom Lake! Andrew's brother's wife Amy spent her childhood weekends on this reservoir, and her parents recently bought a second lake home right on the water. They invited us to their lovely place for a weekend of fun and sun. We had a great time! Since I am with child I was unable to partake in the tubing/skiing/jet ski fun but very much enjoyed watching the others from the boat and taking quite a few dips in the lake! It was so refreshing to get away and some relief from the heat in the water. I have concluded riding on speed boats is one of my favorite activities in this world.


Humm...this is not our best together shot but the only one I have of both of us. Notice I wore my lap swimming suit. It did the job but was not the cutest thing on the lake for sure. I have a variety of lovely 2 piece swim wear options, however I personally feel totally uncomfortable wearing them at 17 weeks pregnant. Some girls can totally pull this off....I am just not one of them.


Oh well...me and Baby M had a great time totally covered up in our 1 piece lap suit. Very fun weekend indeed!

On the pregnancy front, I am just about 18 weeks along now and feeling awesome. I don't think I have ever felt this hungry in my whole life though! Food has also never tasted so good! For the first time I always know exactly what I want and feel completely satisfied when I get it. Our baby also apparently loves some spice. I have been craving all kinds of spicy food, the greater the kick the better. My current favorite are sandwiches from Potbelly with their famous hot peppers. If you don't know what I am talking about you are seriously missing out. Oh man that is a good sandwich! I also am cooking with a lot of jalapenos and Asian hot sauce...yumm! This Thursday we have our "big" ultrasound where they will measure and look at all of his/her parts and tell us with certainty if Baby M is a he or a she. We are super excited and anxious for Thursday to arrive!

Nathalie and Baby M

1 comment:

  1. I am even more convienced that Baby M is a little boy now bc of the spicy food you are craving....Cant wait till Thursday to find out if I am right!

    ReplyDelete

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)