Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Short story about yesterday's doctor visit:

If you didn't know, when you are pregnant you are required to pee in a cup each and every time you visit the doctor. I have made the mistake during prior visits to use the restroom before arriving at my appointment only to find it extremely difficult to give the required sample. Yesterday I planned ahead and waited until I arrived, by which time I was in serious need of a ladies room. I left Andrew in the waiting area while I asked the front desk lady if I could please use the office bathroom with the plastic cups in order to empty my bladder as well as leave my "sample". The more I talk about this the more I realize I am talking about my pee on the Internet. Oh well...I am too far into the story now to turn back. The front desk lady of course obliged my request and I hurried into the restroom. As I was doing my business my phone began to ring. I decided to ignore it since I had my hands full and hoped no one in the office could hear the level 4 ring through the door. About a minute later, it rang again. I thought, sheesh how annoying! After about 3 rings I was able to get my hands on the phone and see that it was Andrew, or actually "My Lover" as he has himself labeled in my phone. Frustrated, I answered, "Yeah babe?".

Andrew: "Where are you?"
Me: "Seriously? I am in the bathroom"
Andrew: "Oh well they just called your name"
Me: "Well can you tell them I am in the bathroom?!"
Andrew: "Ok"

When I came out I saw that all of the nurses and office staff where laughing. Apparently they had all heard what I said to Andrew. I guess I was kinda snappy and yelly through the phone/bathroom door. I apologized to Andrew on the way back to the room....I think we are their favorite patients.

Nathalie and Baby M

2 comments:

  1. That is hysterical, just reading the story now. Man Andrew, common sense please!!! So funny.

    ReplyDelete

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)