Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Belly Shots


The Belly Shot has been something I have been meaning to do weekly since we discovered Baby M. 16 weeks into it I have two pictures taken on the same day last week. This is even the first baby. You are supposed to be good about this kind of thing with the first. I think my hesitation to take these images are due to several factors. First of all, how pregnant I look over the course of a single day seems to very quite a bit. I wake up looking fairly normal, slightly poochy and my pants don't button but I can still wear them. However, by the time I get into bed you'd think I was about to give birth right then and there! It is a very strange phenomenon that I have read is normal, likely due to bloat, but not shared by most of the women I know who have been pregnant. The question this raises for me is when to take the belly shot on any given day? I mean at what point is my belly the most accurate so to speak?


These shots were taken before dinner so I was a little larger than that morning but not as big as I would be after eating my evening meal. The other issue is I still feel like I don't quite "look" pregnant. As you can see, there doesn't seem to be a distinguishing bump just yet so I am left with photographing my extra chub until I "pop". I have been promised this will happen soon! Let's hope so! So here they are. I am making a commitment to be better about taking and sharing these pictures. I know I will appreciate them once Baby M is here. Oh and thank you to Maria who took these and helped me find my best side angle if there is such a thing!

Nathalie and Baby M

2 comments:

  1. Nat, you look awesome! Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same phenomenon as you described with Maggie. Not so much with Annabelle because I did not really show as much with her the whole time. In fact throughout my whole pregnancy I think maybe 2 or 3 ppl that I did not know even noticed I was pregnant! It was so disappointing! But with Maggie I would get huge by the end of the day! However, it will start to be a steady full belly look soon and will not flucuate as much. You will feel bigger at night but you will probably be about the same size in reality. But for now, I would suggest to take a picture in the mornings because that is more your true "baby" size and not so much bloating etc.

    ReplyDelete

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)