Thursday, May 6, 2010

The NY Subway and Brooklyn Bridge

 

Our first day of sightseeing brought us to the infamous Brooklyn Bridge. It is a wonder to behold as I am sure you can tell by my excellent photos of it. Note the sarcasm.....I would Google it for a better idea. I really need lessons in photography... 


In order to get to this magnificent work of engineering, we had to get our happy tails on the New York Subway. Above is our stop as we awaited to take part in the world's largest public transit system.


Still waiting...we discovered that you can never be certain when your train will arrive. Mom was enjoying her breakfast (I had already finished my "egg on a roll") and did not want her picture taken. Oh well...she doesn't read my blog anyway. What she doesn't know won't hurt her:)


This new experience was full of interesting tales. For example, the man above got on the train with his buddy and began performing quite a nice little song and dance number. Thinking this was part of the NY charm, I listened and laughed and very much enjoyed their performace. Little did I know that no one else on the train was looking at them, as it is an unsaid rule that you must pay them if you look. Andrew caught on right away and fearing they might rob us if we didn't pay for their entertainment, reached for some cash. Then I snapped this picutre which is also apparently a no no. Luckily I don't think they noticed.


Andrew is a little perturbed he had to give them a dollar. Mom, again not in the picture mood.


That is better....


Finally we arrived at the bridge! It was quite spectacular, although very crowded. It was actually a small crowd to what we would experience, but I am glad I was eased into this reality slowly.


Looking North...I think that is Manhattan Bridge but I couldn't say for sure...


To the South. You are looking at the Financial District behind us...


North again...


Handsome man on a bridge!


North again....I think that is the Empire State Building back there. Neat hunh?
 Nathalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)