Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sabbath

Sunday Andrew and I took a Sabbath. Let me tell ya, whoever thought of taking a day in the week just to rest is a genius! God knows what he is talking about and it did my soul much good. We went to church, ate roast on the patio, read, napped, talked, and hung out together all day. I took some pictures but my camera is being stupid...maybe I will post them later. It was much needed, as I cannot tell you the last full day I spent just resting. My personality, or more accurately, my sinful nature, is all about getting as much done as possible during waking hours. There is nothing wrong with being a productive person. God calls us to work hard. However, if I am not careful, my worth and sense of fullness comes from checking off my to-do list rather than the Lord. What joy comes from taking a break! How merciful is He to call us to a time of regular resting.

Nathalie

1 comment:

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)