Thursday, April 15, 2010

10 Things I Love About Andrew:

I happen to be married to the guy who has it all. Andrew is full of amazing gifts and talents, and the fact God chose him for me? Well it baffles me and I continue to be in awe of how blessed I am! Of course I am a little bias, but what wife isn’t? He is the butter to my bread (is that the right expression?). I get expressions mixed up a lot. Expression dyslexia if you will. In other words he gets me and we just click. Here are some of my favorite things about my husband:

1. He loves God. I had to put that first since it is truly what I love most about him but the remaining 9 things are more lighthearted and less serious. Enjoy…

2. His athleticism is unmatched. See here how he masterfully chases the dog through the snow.


3. Andrew always acts cool in front of celebrities. Yes friends this is Coolio in the flesh! I feel like singing “Gangster’s Paradise” right now. This 90’s rap icon showed up at a wedding we attended last May. Andrew very naturally asked him about his 8 ball necklace. Oh wait that was me…and it was kind of awkward as I found out later that the 8 ball is a drug symbol. Andrew though? Cool (he knew about the 8 ball already) with Coolio and we got this shot before the impromptu rap performance for the bride and groom.
***side note: the bride and groom had no idea he would be attending


4. Next I feel the need to mention Andrew’s hot body. I especially enjoy his backside as seen in this photo. He loves when I take these kinds of pictures too:)


5. His front side is not bad either and shows off his ruggedly handsome features. Won’t our children be beautiful?


6. I have mentioned his resourcefulness numerous times in my short blogging life, but must say this gift continues to make me marvel. Remember the shop vac hair dryer solution? All his idea.


7. He is a man’s man too…look at the way he guides us through the rapids here. I was so at ease with his boating skills that I felt led to get the camera out for this shot.


8. Andrew is also one of the funniest people I know. If you know him this is obvious. Being serious is something he only does in private on rare occasions.


9. He was also blessed with the gift of rhythm, although he is from a Scottish heritage. Here he is at our wedding with Sarah (one of our bridesmaids)…wasn’t she lucky to take a spin around the floor with this guy? He is so uninhibited when he dances.


10. Finally (for this list anyway) the man is brilliant. He has 2 degrees in engineering (the hard fields) and can look at a math problem or any problem and figure it out. One time our ice maker didn’t work. He took apart the entire freezer, diagnosed the issue, developed a fix, fixed it, and put it all back together. There is nothing he can’t figure out!

A God loving, good looking, smart, but still cool, brilliant man. What else could a girl ask for? I love this guy!

Now on a more serious note, a prayer request. Tomorrow Andrew will be taking his Professional Engineering Exam all day. He has been preparing for this test for weeks now in hopes of passing (there is a 30% pass rate!). Please join me in praying for him tomorrow. It is a grueling 8 hours so your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

Nathalie

3 comments:

  1. I am praying! I was just thinking yesterday that the date was coming up! Please kiss him for me. (on the cheek)He is going to do great. I love your list for him! So fun! I will call you tomorrow! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet and I love to hear you brag on your husband! It is so awesome to hear positives when usually people like to complain about one thing or another their husbands do! Such an inspiration. I think I may need to work on my list for my hubby as well. I think I may have been focused on the wrong things lately! Hope his test went well. Italo said he felt a little better about it this time around-hope you guys can relax this weekend now that the pressure if off

    ReplyDelete

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)