Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Heading to the Big Apple!

It has snuck up on us, but believe it or not, we are heading to NYC tomorrow! My sister is living there currently, and we are going to visit her and experience life as New Yorkers. I have to say I am a bit overwhelmed with all of the suggestions we have gotten on what to do when we are there. There are A LOT of options and variety. For example, we could spend the entire time visiting museums and learning about art, history, science, nature, I am sure I am missing some other arm of academia. It has also been recommended that we see a show on Broadway, but which one? Or go to one of those sketchy vendors on Canal Street for a knock off purse. One girl I know told me she got into a van down there that took her to a building with a secret room where they kept the stash of the best replica designer hand bags. She said the vans are the way to go for the most realistic stuff. My sister said that is not the best idea though (maybe she is right) so perhaps we will stay on the streets.

Now, I have always wanted to be one of those people holding a sign outside the Good Moring America studio, you know bundled up and supporting their state, school, or political party? However, I am not sure what my sign would say, and you must have to get up super early to do that so I am not sure it would be worth it. Also on our list: Brooklyn Bridge, China Town, Little Italy, Financial District, Times Square, Central Park, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, it is endless what we can see and do there! I am not sure where to start.

Hopefully tonight, in the airport, or on the plane we can come up with a more concise plan. I know we won’t get to do everything, but I am excited to wing it a little and see what we discover. Stay tuned for the details, I at least want to eat a piece of pizza by the slice and a street hot dog like they do in the movies.

Nathalie

2 comments:

  1. Hope y'all have a great time!!

    Hopefully we can see you soon after you get back!

    ReplyDelete

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)