Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This Man is Going to be a Father…

So I get this e-mail today from Andrew’s brother Marty entitled “You Should be Thankful Your Husband Got All the Talent”. Curious, I opened it to find no text but simply this attached:



Unfortunately, Andrew is famous in his circle of friends for his “drop it like it’s hot” move. This got him all the ladies in his single days and now he does it out of nostalgia. He really is a good dancer and I am always entertained and upstaged on the dance floor by him which I am totally OK with! So how did this picture end up in my inbox? Well, last weekend we went to the Texas Panhandle where Andrew grew up to see his family and attend an engagement party (location of above image). I am learning that in this part of the world everyone knows and is connected to everyone else. Today’s e-mail is a perfect example. The girl who took this photograph works with Andrew’s brother Marty for a bank in Amarillo. She never knew Marty prior to her employment there, but attended kindergarten with Andrew back in 1985. Andrew and this girl have known each other and hung in the same circles for years. She also happens to be friends with the engaged couple whose party we were all attending. In ordinary places this would be quite the coincidence, but these kinds of connections are everywhere there. Thankfully, she had the forethought to capture this moment on film for us all to enjoy. Then she sent it to Marty who sent it to me. I hope this brings a smile to your day....our baby is so lucky to have a daddy with rhythm.


P.S. As you can see I managed to get into that pink dress one last time….but seriously I will not be putting myself though that again.


Nathalie and Baby M

2 comments:

  1. Awesome photo! We'll have to have Andrew show us his moves sometime.

    So glad the dress fit...it's super cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing Nathalie! :)

    PS - the dress was totally stunning on you... I bet you'll be back in it in no time!

    ReplyDelete

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)