Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Goodbye Little Pink Cocktail Dress…it’s been a Fun Ride

I have this dress. It is pink, and strapless, and cute. It is also a size I may never see again. I bought it in May knowing that I had several wedding events to attend this summer. When I selected it at the store I was impressed with its flattering shape and fun color. It was just what I needed to get me through the season’s weddings. Or so I thought….you see, a week after the purchase of this dress Andrew and I discovered this:



While we are aware of how this happens, we were very shocked and surprised when the stick turned bright blue! How we found out we were pregnant is another story for another day, but today I am happy to announce we will be adding a new member to our family on or around February 1st 2011!! Baby McClish is currently 11.5 weeks old with a strong heartbeat (150ish bpm), which is now my favorite sound, and is about the size of a lime! There are times I still can’t believe there is actually a tiny person growing inside me. The experience is truly overwhelming and amazing, and scary, and daunting, and beautiful, and miraculous (I have been a bit hormonal lately). Although we were not exactly expecting this little miracle, Andrew and I feel tremendously blessed by this gift and how well our pregnancy has gone so far. We are humbled that God has called us to be parents and we are praying about what those roles exactly look like. It has been hard to blog these past weeks because I haven’t had much else on my mind other than our little nugget. Well that and the fact that I couldn’t stay up past 8:30PM until a few nights ago. I am glad it is out in the open now though and that I have some energy back so I can document the journey.

Regarding the pink dress, I am not sure it will get me through the summer. We attended another wedding last Saturday night and I was able to get it zipped up, but it was a bit snug in a couple of places. I am sure no one else noticed, but I doubt I will be able to pull off wearing it again…maybe ever. I hear things are simply never the same but it is totally worth it.


Nathalie and Baby M

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Glad it's out in the open as well and I love the beautiful way you announced it! :) We can hardly wait for Baby M to get here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathalie!!! You are so cute and I am so happy for you two! Congratulations!!! :)))

    ~love,
    the Walls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that oyu sign it from you and Baby M! Reminds me when I was pregnant with Annabelle I would chat with Italo and then have Annabelle pop up and start talking to Daddy! So fun. So here is my first letter to Baby M:

    Dear Baby M,
    We are so excited to know you are growing and getting ready to meet all of us. You have two excited little girls ready to play with soon and we hope we will get to see you grow for years to come. We love you-The Frigolis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did I miss this post!?!?!?!?! LOVE YOU! SO happy for you and Andrew!

    ReplyDelete

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)