Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Salad Salad Everywhere!


Andrew and I just returned home this week from a 10 day trip to Colorado and West Texas to visit both families for the holidays. It was a lovely time full of family, friends, and the oh so delicious food! Some of our indulgences included: cookies, pies, tamales, enchiladas, cinnamon rolls, sandwiches with bacon on top to name a few. Everything was delightful and at no point was I responsible for planning or shopping for the meal...I just got to help prepare it (my favorite step)! We took our running gear with intentions of getting some exercise, but the weather proved too cold (at least it is the excuse of choice) to go.

All that to say, as we pulled out of the driveway of my in-laws, we vowed to eat nothing but salad and fresh food when we returned home. Our bodies were craving raw veggies and that feeling you get when your pants fit correctly. I bought lots of leafy greens at the store and have planned salad for every night this week. Last night we had Taco Salad and I am enjoying the leftovers today at lunch (see above). The thing is...I am sick of salad now! Turns out it only took a couple of days to feel pretty much back to normal and now I want some real food again. I guess my philosophy on it has always been...eat whatever you want...just watch the portion size. The only problem with that is Andrew does not share my beliefs on this and wants to continue to eat ALL healthy stuff . So I am choosing very healthy menus for us. I am all for healthy too, but I also like to give into the carb or sweets cravings. I will keep you posted on how things progress on this. Now if you will excuse me...I need to Google "healthy quick dinners". Hopefully I can find something with some flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)