Saturday, December 12, 2009

2nd Annual McClish Christmas Party

On Thursday we hosted our second annual Christmas party! It was quite an undertaking to pull off during the week, but Andrew was such a help and we were able to get the house clean and everything baked by working on it a little bit each night. I have included a few pictures from the evening but honestly wish I could remember in the midst of it all to document the event better. I am just not great at taking pictures....hope you can get the idea though.

The annual Christmas party idea was birthed out of a desire to create a tradition of our own at Christmas. Since Andrew and I got married in November ten months after we met, our first Christmas together was after one month of marriage. I remember it being hard for me to think about spending Christmas away from my family and not being a part of my family's traditions. I loved being married to Andrew and loved his family, but letting go of the way things had always been was one of my first lessons as a wife. The truth is Andrew is MY FAMILY and I am called as his wife to cleave to him. I am really glad we decided to start this tradition, I think it will continue to create fond memories of these parties in the years to come.


Pausing for a moment at the party, I felt overwhelmed by how blessed we are to have such wonderful friends and family. It was humbling to look at our house full of people we love and care about and know that they return those feelings for us. It is such a testament of the Lord's provision in the community he has blessed us with. I am so thankful for the body of Christ at work through them!



1 comment:

  1. HA! I found it! And I will read it! :) I love your sweet family and I am so glad the Lord has blessed me with your friendship! Thank you for loving my girls and listening to my husband talk! :)

    ReplyDelete

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)