Thursday, January 2, 2014

Big News in the McClish House!


18 long months ago I dreamt of writing this blog post. I thought about how to make it cute and cleaver, planning to include an adorable picture of Julianne or sweet ultrasound photo. The possibilities were endless, but as months past, and then a year, I wondered if I would ever get to write it. How I've longed to have news our family is growing and that Julianne would be a big sister!

Little did I know then, how different this post would look. How so many of my "plans" would not be. My plan to have children 2 years apart. My plan to be pregnant again, and carry to full term. My plans to nurse more babies. God has been showing us these are not His plans, at least not for now. However, in His mercy and loving kindness, The Lord is revealing His plan to us. His plans for us to grow our family through adoption! 

This summer, Andrew and I began praying about adoption. I suppose we were really praying for God to show us how He'd have us grow our family. For the first time in our journey, we were ready to lay down our family plan and submit to God's. I remember begging The Lord to help me open my hand to the idol I had made of having children. As we prayed, we also began to pursue the adoption process, and doors began opening. We were accepted into an amazing domestic infant adoption program through Gladney Center for Adoption in Fort Worth.  We endured and passed the arduous home study process, and are now "waiting" for a birthmother to choose us. God has provided! 

So, it is with much hope, excitement, and anticipation, that I can finally share our family is growing! Julianne will be a big sister, and in the adoption world, we are expecting #2! We don't know how long it will be before there's another baby in our house, or what other hills and valleys are ahead. However, we know God knows. We have hope and assurance God is sovereign over our family, and He is calling us to something beautiful, wonderful, and amazing. 

Please join us in praying during this time. We know the woman who carries our baby will also be going through a season of sorrow. We have the unique opportunity to pray for her and show her the love of Christ. Please also pray that we could continue to trust God's provision for us as we wait. Patience is not a strength of mine!

Nathalie


3 comments:

  1. How very exciting! Looking forward to seeing this all come about this year. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! It brought tears to my eyes. I know it's been a long, hard journey to get here. Praying for you guys, your future baby and for the birth mom. God is good! Can't wait to meet baby #2 one day and see you guys again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!!!! This is so exciting! Congrats girl! Can't wait to see/read/hear how God writes the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)