Friday, July 1, 2011

Julianne is 5 Months Old!

Dear Julianne-

I feel like I am being redundant because I say the same thing at the beginning of each of these posts, but this month has been such a joy with you! You are becoming Julianne with distinctive traits, expressions, and preferences that make up your sweet personality. It is so fun to watch you discover new things all the time and we rejoice with you at every milestone. Here are some of the highlights of this month:

 1. We took you swimming for the first time. Well I say swimming, it was more like splashing about in the water for a few minutes before you got too cold and ready for a nap, but it was a start! You loved it and I see lots of pool time in your future. Your Mommy loves to swim and I am delighted you seem to take to water so well. Plus you look adorable in your swimming suit and sunhat!

 2. Your cousins came to visit you this month! You are quite a bit younger than Macy and Mason, but I can tell y'all will be great friends. You adored them and loved the company while they were here. Macy was such a helper and it was very sweet to watch her with you.

 3. Uncle Marty came too and he was quite smitten with you. You loved hanging out with him too and even fell asleep on his chest! You aren't so much into cuddling these days so we were surprised you made an exception for your Uncle Marty. Very sweet....


4. You are sitting up assisted now and it is very fun! Not only do we have a lot more photo opportunities, you have a whole new perspective from the upright view. We put you in your highchair for the first time and you seemed to like it. We aren't feeding you there quite yet but when we start you will be ready. Mommy is trying to wait until 6 months to start solids since you are doing so well on breast milk. Plus it is a little easier for Mommy to have all of your meals on hand whenever you need them:)

 5. You started reaching for us! You reached for Daddy first and it totally made his day. He came home from work and went over to you to say hi. You reached for him and of course he scooped you right up. He asked me if you had done that to me and I said no which made him even more proud. You reach for me now too but I sense you are a Daddy's girl. You light up when you see Daddy and smile the most when he is around. I love watching you two together and am excited to see how your relationship continues to grow. He loves you so much baby girl.
6. You rolled from your back to your front! You haven't done it again since, but I am marking it down just the same.

6. You got your first TWO teeth! I suppose I should have guessed since you have been chewing on things constantly, but I was shocked to see two little tooth buds the other day. You were unconsolable and I tried everything to calm you down. It was a terrible afternoon but we got through it and only have 18 more to go! I am sort of dreading the next ones that come but I have lots of cold chewies and Tylenol on hand to get us through.

7. We also flew to Colorado this month to visit your Cita, Opa, and Uncle Matt Dillon, but I need to make that a whole new post. There are just too many pictures and events to mention here. So stay tuned and I will get that on the blog soon.

Can't wait to see what happens this month!

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)