Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Colorado or Bust!


**all photos in this post courtesy of Maria Sims (aunt Maria)

Last month my sister and I took Julianne to Colorado for a visit. Andrew stayed home since he has still not accumulated enough time off to join us on any kind of vacation. Stink...we missed him dearly and I realized how much I need that man! Not only is he a huge help with the baby, but he grounds me and helps me see when things are not a big deal. I tend to overreact and this tendency is something I constantly take to the Lord.

For example, during our stay we were parted with our dear friend Wubbs at the wedding we attended there. You may recall that Wubbs is the pacifier thing Julianne loves to bits and helps her get the best sleep, calms fussiness, and keeps her company in the car seat, therefore critical to our operation. We don't have Wubbs, we don't have sleep, and if we don't have sleep everyone is cranky and the world basically ends. At least that was how I felt in my state of panic. It is a long story but basically he was MIA and even after retracing my steps I could not locate that darn giraffe. So there I was in Denver without our beloved Wubbs who took 3 weeks to arrive when we ordered him 2 months ago. It is not like you can get these things at Walmart or something. They are a specialty item. During the crisis I texted Andrew, "there has been a loss in our family....Wubbs is gone!". He called me laughing and suggested we order a new one. This was an unacceptable solution since I knew it would be 3 weeks until a new one arrived. How could he think this was funny? I hung up shortly after he said, "it will be OK babe" because I just knew there was no way that statement could be true.

Well it turned out he was right after all. Someone picked it up and took it to the reception where my mom was asking everyone she encountered if they had seen the missing giraffe. About an hour into the party she finally asked the right person who saw it at the church and had planned to reunite it with its rightful owner at the reception. I can honestly say I have never been so happy to see a stuffed animal in my life! After we got Wubbs back I felt silly for how worked up I got over the whole thing. I mean it was tragic but Andrew was right to laugh about it. How I wish I could be more like that!
the reunion...

All this to say when Andrew is around I am more like that because he rubs off on me somehow in a beautiful married way that God probably intended by making Andrew my husband. Thank you Lord! However, when he is not around my ugliness in this area shines out a lot more and everyone misses him a lot. I plan on working on this and avoid leaving town without him as much as possible.

Overall it was a ver nice time though and wonderful to be in the cooler climate! Here are some highlights:

 J's first plane ride. She was a champ...just a little fussy on the way up and down and slight meltdown when she was ready for her nap. Most people were really nice and patient with us.
traveling through the airport in the Moby. She loves this thing and I do too! Was the perfect way to tote her and we used the stroller to tote all of our gear. Worked great!

We saw lots of family and friends:
 Uncle Matt Dillon 
 Opa
 Aunt Suzanne and cousin Esther
(Aunt) Rene. We aren't technically related but close enough

We also got to wear our hats and long pants. What a treat in June!


Because of this we spent lots of time outside enjoying the weather!

Nathalie

1 comment:

  1. Nathalie, Julianne is absolutely beautiful! So precious! Love getting to see pictures of her, and hear about your mommyhood!

    ReplyDelete

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)