Friday, November 5, 2010

My Momma



I thought I would take this opportunity to write a post about my Mom. She lives in Colorado but surprised us this week with a visit! We literally came home Tuesday night after our childbirth class and she was in our living room with my sister (Maria was dog sitting for us). It is such a treat because I don't get to see her as much as I would like. We have been having fun this week hanging out.

Some fun facts about my mother:

1. She is petite and cute and always put together.

2. Both of her parents were born in Mexico but immigrated (legally I might add) to the states before she was born. I wrote an essay on my grandmother's challenging and inspirational journey to the US once and won a scholarship. It is an amazing story...and kind of off topic...I apologize

3. She speaks fluent Spanish, is very creative, makes excellent tamales, is a gifted Real Estate Agent.

4. She has decided Julianne will call her "Mamacita" "Cita" for short. I think it's perfect.

 This was her reaction to the news that she would be a grandmother. I wrote her a card from the baby and stuck a piece of rice on it to represent the baby's current size. She was excited to say the least....

5: My mother is not a fan of having her picture taken as you can see from the above image. I am not sure why this is as I have always thought she is such a pretty lady.

6. She is generous and has the gift of hospitality. She is constantly throwing parties and events in her home for her many friends.

I would have always told you that I love and appreciate my mom. However, as I go through this pregnancy I am beginning to realize that maybe I never understood how much she loves me. I love Julianne, but I am told I will love her unlike anything I have ever known once she is here. I cannot begin to understand that but am eager to experience it. I suspect how I relate to and love my mom will change as well. I think I may even feel bad I didn't appreciated her more. I suppose this is part of the joy a woman experiences when she becomes a grandmother, but the whole thing blows my mind. With that I will end this post.

Nathalie

2 comments:

  1. I love that she surprised you guys! I love that she knows how to make tamales too. Have you learned how to make them too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! Connie is definitely one of the most put-together people I know! :) I think "Cita" sounds like such a great/chic name for a grandma! And I love how you wrote her a card from the baby and got a pic of her reaction.

    I had fun chatting with Maria at the wedding and during our wedding-party photo shoot! It's great that she lives so close to you now!

    ReplyDelete

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)