Wednesday, October 13, 2010

24 weeks

So turns out I am just terrible at documenting this pregnancy week by week. The last belly pick was taken back at week 15 or something. Oh well...Andrew took this pic this morning as I was putting on makeup which is why it does not include my face. It is shocking to look at this....it is like, is that really me? I have a similar reaction when I pass a window or mirror and catch a glimpse of myself. Although the growth has been substantial lately, I am still feeling pretty good. I have some ligament pain I am dealing with that is completely normal but still have energy and lots of stamina. My belly makes it a little harder to wash dishes I've noticed, but life is pretty normal otherwise. Well...except for the fact that we will become 3 in 3.5 months!

Julianne is moving a ton now! It is so fun to feel her squirming and punching throughout the day and night. Andrew can feel her too and each time she kicks him he lights up in amazement. I can't wait to see him with our daughter. I know he will be so tender and sweet to her and I am so excited to witness it! She is a lucky girl to have Andrew as her daddy.  

The nesting phase is here in full force and I have loved cleaning out the closets and purging our life of all the stuff we no longer need. A couple of Saturdays ago I went through every drawer, cupboard, and box in our house and kept just the essentials. It was a long day but now we have room for Jules and all her gear. Her room is still a work in progress and the pic below pretty much sums up how I am feeling about how the nursery is coming together.


The main challenge is the wall paint color. We are trying to get a neutral green color in there that is not too dark for the tiny room. Seems simple enough but at this point we have been through 8 paint samples and made countless trips to Lowes to find the right color for the walls. We are close and I am excited for how it will come together, but at the same time a little beat down by the project at this point. Hopefully we can find the right color soon. I think it will be easier from there. I will have to write an entire post about the nursery and take a pic of the wall with all our samples.

So that is 24 weeks in a nutshell...

Nathalie

1 comment:

  1. FYI, I alphabetized every item of food in our pantry when I was about 30 wks. The urge could get intense. If you get in a pinch call me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)