Saturday, February 23, 2013

Heavenly Father.....



Thank you for bringing some peace to my heart this week. I can't explain it, but something inside me has begun to submit to your call to grief. Thank you for showing me who you are in your word. That you are faithful to your promises, and compassionate toward your people. That I have eyes to see you is a marvelous gift I don't deserve. I still can't see your purposes for this season of our life, but I have a renewed hope in that there is a purpose.

"For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men" Lamentations 3:31-33

You have not asked me to walk in meaningless suffering, I can trust you. Thank you for all those around me who are willing to pray and petition for this peace in my heart. On Tuesday I openly confessed to the women I am walking with how envious I was of other families. How I struggle with comparing our family to the ones around us. How it is so terribly difficult to be in this stage of life with pregnancy all around me. I cried and confessed my sin. My sin to doubt your plan for us. My sin to covet others and their stories. They promised to pray for me and they must be. Thank you for the freedom this profession brought. Like admitting it publicly squashed the power these thoughts had over me. Thank you that my heart feels less embittered towards those experiencing healthy pregnancy.

I expect there will still be hard days to come and a continual fight in submitting to your plan. I still dread the milestones ahead I am missing. The sore ribs from kicking, the leg cramps, the chubby cheeks I won't be kissing. I pray this peace would last, that my heart would continue to find rest in you. Please keep me close as I am still in pain.

Thank you that there is hope beyond this world. That you promise to restore us to you. That my babies with you will not endure the pain and suffering of this world.

"The righteous pass away; the godly often die before their time. And no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come. For the godly who die will rest in peace" Isaiah 57:1-2

They are with you and that is not a tragedy. They really have the best situation. I miss them so much but must rejoice that they are where I long to be one day. This pain has increased my longing for the day I see you face to face. The day I worship with them in heaven.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)