Thursday, September 29, 2011

Team McClish

Well I put my money where my mouth is and actually did something about the fact that I miss running. A few weeks ago, with encouragement from Andrew, I signed up for the Dallas White Rock 1/2 Marathon. The race is on December 3rd and getting into 13.1 mile shape has not been easy. Part of that might be the fact that I am pushing a stroller and holding a very energetic dog during my weekday runs. Andrew stays home with Julianne on Saturday mornings for a longer run with just me and Wesson. So far we are up to 4 miles with a 5 mile run this Saturday.

Meet the team:



1. THE BOB: this is the greatest stroller on the planet. We bought it used before Julianne was born because they are also one of the most expensive strollers on the planet. Well worth it though since I don't think I could run with the baby without it.



2. THE CHEERLEADER: She is my companion and selflessly spends 30 minutes in the morning taking in the fresh air and "cheers" me on during the ride. Couldn't do it without her.....



3. THE ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER:
He may me a tan and white canine, but this dog loves to run! If we miss a day I know it because he is asking to go as soon as we get up in the morning. I love and hate this about him, but that is how it should be with any good accountability partner. He pushes me to keep going threatening to take off without us if we can't keep up.


4. HOW WE ROLL:
With leash in my left, and stroller in my right, we are finally ready to set out. I think this somehow tones my arms...not a bad side effect of the pushing.

I have to admit I am slightly intimidated by the race. Even though I have run at least 10 1/2 marathons, I have never trained alone or attempted to prepare this quickly for a race. I think as long as I keep in mind that I just want to finish it and have fun all will go well. I am really enjoying the runs even if it is a pain to get us all out the door.

Nathalie

1 comment:

Colorado

Colorado
We love Colorado and thought this would be nice to look at...enjoy the view:)